Sunday, April 25, 2010

3D Shoot

The 3D workshop was a lot of fun. The process is so logical - kind of felt dumb for not thinking about that already. But I thought it was really cool how we used to cameras focused on the same image to capture the footage. I had never used After Effects before so I felt quite disoriented just watching Tory try to figure out how to turn the damn thing into 3D. I am interested in editing though so I'd love to become better acquainted with the program in the near future. I consider any day that I get to dance in a Soul Train line to funk classics such as The Brothers Johnson's "Get Da Funk Outta Ma Face" and K.C. & the Sunshine Band's "Boogie Shoes" a good day. I do have some regrets though - upon looking back over the footage I regret not boogieing harder when approaching the camera. I feel that I was giving maybe 70% boogie effort when I should have been giving 110% boogie effort. All in all - I consider the shoot very successful (thank god you helped us figure out the After Effects!). As for the 3D glasses - fucking awesome. I made a slick black framed wayfarer style glasses with white sides (with the customized AB insignia on the sides. I think Tory was a little jealous. Anyway - the surprise work day was awesome and I can't wait to see everyone's found footage projects in class today. I really enjoyed constructing a Jean Claude Van Damme scene with Chris Farley and the Rupert Holmes hit "Escape (The Pina Colada Song)". Truly absurd...

No comments:

Post a Comment