Monday, April 19, 2010

Mystery Workshop: Forts are the shit

So, last week we had the most awesome class of my college experience. We made a fort! Now personally I've been ranting to my roommates this whole year about building forts. Here has been my central argument: if you were nine years old and you had a house to yourself what would be one of the first things you/I would do in the house is make the most badass fort ever. I loved making forts as a child and have found that I still do. Recently, my girlfriend and I have constructed two separate forts in her Mayfaire apartment. Each fort has consisted of half aerobed walls and half real walls (i.e. walls of the apartment). We thumbtacked tons of sheets to the walls to use as a canopy/roof and of course an aerobed to lay on inside of the fort - duh. I thought we were bringing the sheets into class because we were going to make a rough theatre stage to perform some impromptu performance or what not. I was excited but not near as happy as after we made the fort. I really went to town on helping out with the ampitheatre-like structure of the fort and loved that so many other people were into it as well. I love this class and how creative we get to be - I really do feel like all of these unorthodox methods and new ideas that we've been working with all year are going to help me on my path to becoming a successful and interesting cinematographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment